Flagship Consulting has won a prestigious Travel Marketing Award for the Best Use of Social Media, for ABTA’s 2016 Earlybird campaign.
The Travel Marketing Awards, run by the Chartered Institute of Marketing Travel Group, recognises the most original, creative, innovative and best performing advertising, marketing and digital campaigns of the past year.
The Best Use of Social Media judges were looking for entries that demonstrated the effective use of social media to raise awareness, change perceptions, engage audiences and ultimately – drive sales.
Flagship worked closely with the ABTA team to help the travel industry body promote its Earlybird campaign, encouraging people to book their holidays early. Flagship proposed a ‘social first’ programme to build a larger and more engaged audience.
At the heart of the campaign was an Earlybird ‘digital hub’ containing relevant content and an interactive digital map showing ABTA members’ Earlybird deals. The campaign was highly successful, bringing more engaged visitors to the hub, with increased ABTA member participation and feedback that more holidays were bought.
The campaign was evaluated versus the previous year’s campaign – and the results speak for themselves:
- 30,684 unique visitors to Earlybird hub – up 840%
- 8,845 social media referrals – up 439%
- 2,094 more followers across Twitter and Facebook – up 1586%
- 6m campaign impressions – up 200%
- 11,593 YouTube video views – up 2,545%
- £0.14 per paid engagement – down 60%
- Member companies participated – up 30%
- Member deals created – up 130%
- 674 tweets using #ABTAearlybird – up 132%
- Five articles from top UK family bloggers, resulting in 18,000 blogger page views, 11,743 Twitter impressions and 48 retweets
- Entire Earlybird campaign came in significantly under budget
- Sales increased on member websites reported