Sophy is Flagship’s go-to consumer PR expert. A self-confessed social media junkie and active Tweeter, Sophy is always at first with the news and insight on consumer trends and consumer communications issues. Sophy applies this knowledge to creative and strategic communications campaigns for clients across a broad spectrum. She is also Director of Flagship’s South West PR operation, based in Exeter.
Sophy has worked for major brands like the Disney Channel and American Airlines, travel technology companies and numerous tourism destinations and heritage / lifestyle organisations..
- Education: B.A. (Hons) English (Manchester University); M.A. English (Vanderbilt University)
- Hobbies: playing in the ‘outdoor playground’ outside her front door in Devon with family and friends
- Favourite book: Roots by Alex Hailey
- Favourite film: Star Wars, Terms of Endearment, Year of Living Dangerously, The Godfather: Part II, Toy Story 3
- Favourite TV: X Factor, reality TV, cooking programmes
- Proudest moment: Starting Flagship’s travel and leisure PR division and opening the South West PR office
- Favourite media coup: Getting a client on R4’s Woman’s Hour, which resulted in an immediate boost to the client’s business.